Today I did nothing more than practicing on the walk cycle animation. It is still hard, but not as hard as I used to feel the first time I tried. I managed to finish the complete walk cycle by afternoon, and ready to show it to Abang Amat.
And right before I call him, suddenly the music that was playing in my headphone went screechy, and the mouse wouldn't move, and no matter what I do, the laptop screen is frozen.
My laptop HANG.
And I have not, I repeat, I have not, saved my work from the start. I don't even know what to feel at the time. To get angry, to feel sad, or what. I really struggled to do the walk cycle, and now it's gone, poof, just like that. Only because I did not press the Ctrl+S key, not even once.
And the most disappointing part is when I have to tell Abang Amat about the stupid incident. I can see a slight disappointment in his eyes, and that disappointed me even more. I was emo for a while.
And I did the walk cycle animation all over again after lunch hour. To my surprise, it is easier this time. It is not as hard as this morning. And I can draw better and faster too, using the Wacom.
I managed to finish it in 3 hours, instead of one and a half day like the previous one that was gone. Showed it to Abang Amat, and he told me where is wrong and what needed to be improved and all. Later he showed me some basic on how to do special effect in Flash, such as water dropping and splashing. It looks pretty hard to do because it needs detailed drawings, great timing, and good imagination.
Two things I learned today:
1) To SAVE, SAVE, and SAVE all your works from time to time.
2) Practices really makes us better at the things that we do. Seriously.
Bye. :)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment