Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 1

Day 1
Thursday, 1st April 2010

This is going to be a bit long.

Today is my first day of being an intern at Khalifa Production. Yes, my first day starts 5 days earlier than the actual date. I will be doing my internship from 1st April 2010 until 30th June 2010. 10 days extra, but oh well, just bring it onn. :)

The company was located in MSC Commercialization Centre., MMU Cyberjaya. When I first arrived here a month back, I thought it really is a good place as the building was surrounded by so many trees and plants; and they even have a garden inside of the building. There is also a good amount of parking space and there is no problem at all in finding one when I arrived here. I really love the atmosphere, I feel close to the nature. :]

So first of all I'd like to introduce the company that I am  working at. The name is Khalifa Production Sdn. Bhd., and it is a small company run by a high-ambitioned lady, Miss Khatijah Abdul Rashid, who is the big boss of the company. She is also the Managing Director.

Khalifa Production is a company that produces animation, e-learning development, printing, and courseware. Its current big project is to produce a 2D animation titled 'Akil Story', which is about a kid named Akil who will solve daily problems that occur by implementing what is being taught in our holy Al-Quran. Basically, Akil Story is created to bring the children closer to Al-Quran through animation.

When I entered the company's office, I was greeted by Ms. Khatijah. I didn't know that she is Ms. Khatijah, as she looks very young. And later when she introduced herself, I was a bit surprised and impressed at the same time.

Later I was being briefed on my job scope. Basically I will be helping the animators to do the animation that they are doing, and that includes animating, background design, tracing and colouring, and also a bit of website developing.

Then, I was brought into the part of the office where the people under Creative Department is being put at. I was being introduced to them before Ms. Khatijah passed me to them for discussion of what I am going to do next.

I was then asked to practice on background tracing and colouring. One animator named Akmal gave me a sample picture of the background that they use in the animation, and told me to trace into Adobe Flash CS3 by using the graphic tablet (Wacom). I thought it would be really easy, but it wasn't. It really wasn't, gaaah. In fact, I was having a hard time at first, as this is my first time in using a Wacom. But it is really fun practising and using it. I plan to get a Wacom for myself later when my training ends, as for now I will be using the one that the company provides.


And that was what I did the rest of the day.

I have to say that my first day is not so good, as I felt really really awkward. Perhaps it's because of the new environment and new people.

But the best thing is, I CAN WEAR CASUAL TO WORK WEHEE

My working hours will be from 8.30 to 5.30, but I went home at about 6 and was really exhausted and extremely-remely punctured. It's because I've been sitting on the chair for way longer than my body could handle. I slept at 10 that night, and dreamt of nothing. zzzz

No comments: